Provide Administrative Support Services to the Council of Dr Ruth Segomotsi Mompati District Municipality, its Committees and Office bearers including the Internal Departments. We further give support to the Local Municipalities in the jurisdiction of the district in relation to a range of corporate support services including legal services, development of by-laws and policies, disciplinary issues, HR, IT services, etc.
Objectives of the Department
- Promote sound labour relations management within the Municipality.
- Provide employees with a quick and easy access for the lodging and application of discipline and grievances.
- Ensure that discipline is applied in a prompt, fair and consistent manner.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of SALGBC code of conduct for the Municipal employees.
- Advocate fair and equal treatment of all employees.
- The management of Council Administration and Records Management services.
- The management of Human Resources Management services.
- The management of Training and Development of Staff, Councillors and Community.
- The management of Governance Support Services.
- The management of Information and Communication Technology Services.
- The management of Legal Services, Labour Relation and Trade Unions.